Engage with attendees LIVE with hosted Fireside sessions that allow the audience to raise their hand and join presenters on stage.
Fireside sessions are live broadcasts featuring a "Join Stage" button that allows attendees to raise their hand and join presenters on screen to ask questions and contribute to the conversation. Hosts select attendees to join from the queue and then take them off stage as needed.
Displays & Layouts
To edit the display for a Fireside session, open your event in Brandlive's Sitebuilder, navigate to the session you wish to edit, and select the pencil icon from the menu next to "Session Display" under the Layout tab:
A modal will open where you can:
- Enable audience chat
- Select a video play theme (light or default dark mode)
Note: Chat layout for Fireside sessions is fixed to display chat in side panel.
At the top of the modal, you can navigate to the "Thumbnail" tab to:
- Add or edit a thumbnail image
- Add or edit a second, optional thumbnail image to be displayed after the broadcast ends
To edit the session settings, navigate to the "Settings" tab in the lefthand menu:
From here, admins can click on pencil icons and toggles to edit:
- Basic info: Edit the session type, session title, add tracks and languages, change the start date, time, and duration of the session, and add or remove hosts.
- Streaming: Streaming type cannot be changed for Fireside sessions. Update the Session type in Basic info to change the session type.
- Make session replay available automatically: Toggle on to make the recording of the live broadcast available for replay automatically following the end of the fireside session.
- Tags: Add tags to a session for easy sorting. Learn more here.
- Reactions: Toggle on to allow attendees to react in real time with emojis. Click the "+" icon to upload emojis.
- Record Session: Toggle on to record the live session and save it to your Content library.
- Moderation: Toggle on options to require all chat messages and/or questions to be approved by a moderator before publishing to the page.
- Session Custom CSS: Enter custom CSS for the session page.