Build connections in small groups, face to face, for big impact.
Breakout sessions allow admins to create rooms for up to 15 participants to join and chat in real time with the option to turn cameras on or create a Zoom meeting for larger groups! Deepen connections between attendees and your brand in an intimate setting.
Displays & Layouts
To edit the display for a Breakout session, open your event in Brandlive's Sitebuilder, and navigate to the session you wish to edit.
To edit the image in the main banner, select the image icon in the top right corner to upload a new image.
To edit individual breakout room thumbnails, select the dropdown arrow next to "Breakout Rooms" and then select the pencil icon for the session you wish to edit.
A modal will appear allowing you to upload a thumbnail image or edit the room name and description.
Note: The "Session Display" tab utilized for Broadcast and On-demand sessions will not apply.
To edit the session settings, navigate to the "Settings" tab in the lefthand menu:
From here, admins can click on pencil icons and toggles to edit:
- Basic info: Edit the session type, session title, add tracks and languages, or enter a custom URL. Change the start date, time, and duration for the breakouts.
- Breakout rooms will be open for attendees to join 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Breakout rooms will close 90 minutes after the scheduled duration for the session unless otherwise closed by a host or admin.
- Tags: Add tags to a session for easy sorting. Learn more here.
- Reactions: Not available for Breakout sessions.
- Room Settings:
- Add or remove hosts
- Create new rooms
- Edit existing rooms
- Set the maximum number of attendees that can join each breakout room (absolute max: 15)
- Toggle on the option to automatically create new rooms once a room is full
- Switch to Zoom powered rooms to accomodate more than 15 participants per room
Breakout room session background: Upload an image to be used as a background in the session. The example image below shows a breakout room before attendees have joined (host present only):
- Moderation: Toggle on to require all questions to be approved by a moderator before publishing to the page.
- Session Custom CSS: Enter custom CSS for the session page.