Decide which site and backstage features best fit for your event by toggling them on or off with ease.
From the Settings tab, Producers have many additional settings that are able to be toggled on and off, and that have a global impact on the Greenroom.
For added security, Greenroom has four different entry requirements settings. This can either increase or decrease control over who enters the Greenroom and when.
- None: If selected, this will mean that people (Producers or Presenters) who have access to the Greenroom URL will be able to immediately enter the Greenroom upon logging in.
- Require Producer's Approval: If selected, this setting will put Presenters into an entry queue that the Producer can then approve, allowing them access into the Greenroom. Producers can find this entry queue within the Invite Users area, under Pending Requests.
- Require Producer's Presence: If selected, this will require that a Producer is in the Greenroom prior to any other Presenters being able to get into the Greenroom.
- Require Producer's Approval & Presence: If selected, this will require both the Producer being in the Greenroom prior to other Presenter's admittance, as well as requiring Producer approval.
This toggle gives a Producer the ability to turn automated emails on or off.
- When toggled on, the automated emails include:
- Initial Invite: Presenters will automatically receive an email invitation when first being added to the Greenroom invite list, or when being invited to a relevant session (i.e. Rehearsal, Tech Check, Recording and/or Broadcast).
- Reminder: If invited greater than 24-hours prior to a session, Presenters will receive an automated email reminder 30-minutes prior to the event. If invited within 24-hours of an event, Presenters will only receive the Initial Invite, no reminders.
- When toggled off, both of these email reminders will be disabled. Check out our article on Email Invites for more info.
Using the Streams Q&A chat room, a Brandlive event moderator can forward comments and questions from a linked Brandlive event page to this Greenroom chat room. This feature gives Presenters the ability to respond to the audience during a live Greenroom show.
When toggled on, the Streams Q&A chat room is activated within the Chat Tab.
Video Resolution Management
- When toggled on, the Video Resolution Management feature manages video resolution of live Presenters depending on who is in the canvas or is about to be. This means feed resolution may diminish for Producers and Presenters backstage in order to maintain a high-quality feed on canvas, as well as enable a larger number of people to be present in Greenroom at once without reduced feed quality on canvas.
- When toggled off, Greenroom is pulling the highest quality feeds (using a lot of data) from all Presenters and Producers at once, no matter whether they are on or off canvas. The best use-case for turning this feature off is when a situation arises that requires live, unplanned transitions (i.e. Live Q&As) and/or when there are a small number of people in Greenroom (i.e. 5 total Presenters and Producers).
- Note: this could cause increased performance requirements on user's computers AND internet bandwidth requirements. Consult with your main point of contact before using.
Backstage & Producer Comms
This feature helps prevent backstage noise from bleeding into the live broadcast.
- When toggled on, the Backstage & Producer Comms feature allows Presenters and Producers to communicate backstage without disrupting the Presenter on the canvas.
- This means that if a Presenter is on canvas, and Presenters and Producers who are backstage are communicating with one another, the Presenter on canvas will not hear any of that communication.
- It also allows the Producer to use a Live Presenters comms button to talk to the live Presenter in the canvas without the Producers audio being heard in the broadcast. Check out our article on Backstage & Producer Comms for more info.
The Auto Mute toggle within Greenroom's settings is now defaulted to being toggled off as a result of Media Mic Echo Cancellation being implemented within Greenroom. Check out our article on Media mic echo cancellation for more info.
- When toggled on, Showboard will appear along the bottom of the screen below the canvas.
- When toggled off, Showboard will not appear and it will remove the ability to Enter Showbuilder in order to build a show in advance. This means a Producer would be responsible to switch and create shots in real-time within the Feeds tab.