Copying a Greenroom is an easy way to copy the set up of one Greenroom into another Greenroom. In this article, we'll talk about the possible use cases for copying a Greenroom, how to copy a Greenroom, and what get's copied and what doesn't get copied.
Use Cases for Copying a Greenroom
Perhaps the main reason you would want to copy a Greenroom is because you can then easily create multiple Greenrooms for a single channel, without having to start from square one with a blank Greenroom for each new show.
Additionally, if a customer has multiple channels, copying a Greenroom easily allows the set up from a Greenroom in one channel to be copied into a Greenroom for a show in another channel.
How to Copy a Greenroom
- Create a new show. This could be a show streaming to Streams, Allhands, Showrooms, or a Custom Destination.
- Verify that the new show has an associated Greenroom listed in the relevant channel in the Producer dashboard.
- Once the new show and associated Greenroom is created, use the Producer dashboard to navigate to the desired Greenroom to be copied.
- Whether in list view or calendar view, click on the three dot (...) menu to see more options.
- From the menu*, select "Copy"
- From here, follow the subsequent flow which will:
- Provide a dropdown to select a desired Channel into which to copy the Greenroom
- Provide a dropdown to select a desired new Greenroom into which to copy the original Greenroom
- See an overview of what's being copied
- Confirm the action
*Note: Only Custom Destinations will display additional options to Edit or Remove the Greenroom.
What Gets Copied
The following items will be included in a copy between Greenrooms:
- Showboard: This includes all built shots, and their respective shot settings as defined in the "Shot" drawer, being copied over to the new Greenroom. For example, if a shot has titles turned on, they will remain turned on when that shot is copied into the new Greenroom.
- Design: The Design drawer has 3 tabs: layouts, titles, canvas. The settings in all 3 of these tabs will be copied.
- Media: This includes copying over all Media
- Notes & Shot Notes: This includes copying over all Notes & Shot Notes. Shot Notes will stay connected to its respective Slide Decks being copied over from Media.
- Settings: All toggle states from the settings from the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of Greenroom will be copied over to the new Greenroom.
What Doesn't Get Copied
- Sessions added under the "Info" tab
- Streaming destinations under the "Streaming" tab
- Team Invitations
- Chat Rooms
- Chat History, which applies to both Chat Rooms and Direct Messages